A brief summary of some Workflow enhancements plugins.
The main focusing is primarily on what they contribute on the Post-Function side of a Transition.
Workflow Enhancer for JIRA
Interesting, but not that exiting Workflow plugin - but its free
It has one unique facility - the ability to fire a Post-Function after evaluating a boolean - this can be used for "condition" avaluation, here shown in pseudo code:
Several part of the Post-Functions "Create" or "Add Comment" - I never got them working
JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions
- 1 - Assign to role member (new in 1.2, updated in 3.0.1)
- 2 - Assign to last role member (new in 1.2) (updated in 1.5.1, 2.4.1 and 3.0.1)
- 3 - Set Field Value to constant or Groovy expression Function (new in 3.1)
- 4 - Increase value of field Function
- 5 - Set field value from User Property value Function
- 6 - Copy Field Value to Parent Function (new in 1.3.2)
- 7 - Set Field Value From Parent Function (new in 2.4)
- 8 - Copy Field Value to Linked Issues Function (new in 3.0)
- 9 - Set Field Value From Linked Issue Function (new in 3.0)
- 10 - Set Field Value Of Linked Issues Function (new in 3.1)
- 11 - Copy Value From Field to Field Function (new in 2.3)
- 12 - Add Field Value to Parent Function
- 13 - Set Issue Security From User's Project Role Function (new in 1.5)
- 14 - Transition Parent Issue (new in 2.1)
- 15 - Transition Linked Issues (new in 3.1.1)
- 16 - Comment Issue (new in 3.3)
An interesting but not free plugin, one of the very good points being that several post-functions has "Conditional execution of post-functions" - which as the above description enables some conditional execution of the fuction.
Number 8 and 9 is quite existing and worth examining further.
Also, Number 19 is pretty unique - the possibility to transist linked issues, but this can be scriptet via the Scriptrunner, see here
JIRA Suite Utilities
One of my favorites, one of the reasons being that it is free
Update 2017-10-02: Well, its not free anymore And its actually integrated into JIRA Cloud now. But for onPremise, its for purchase.
JIRA Workflow Toolbox
This has some very good field post-fuctions for handling lists and formatting text fields.
One of the best on paper (I have not worked with it) - its not free, but its a afordable...
An excellent and
free plugin giving the developer at lot of options and possibilities to enhance the solution. Some very complex groovy stuff can be achived here.
The Scriptrunner is free, and most of the Conditions, Validations and Post-Functions that other plugins on this page offer, can be achived for "free" in groovy.
But its all "by hand" - whereas several plugins offer a GUI and other value added fields etc.
Update 2017-10-02: Well, its not free anymore, since the writing of this article, Adaptavist has purchased Scriprunner. But, its still the best JIRA Plugin by far
See Scriptrunner tricks here
HTTP Request Workflow Function
A Post-Function to place a HTTP request agains a URL - an alternative to WebHooks. Reviews seems positive.